How do I preserve my jewelry, clean my jewelry and make it shine again? That's what most people ask. Here are some tips and guidelines on how you can keep your jewelry shining.
WAYS TO PREVENT TARNISHING
- It should be the first thing to take off before preparing for bed.
- Take a shower before taking off your jewelry to protect it from soap and shampoo. Also, avoid using paper towels and tissues for cleaning gold-plated silver jewelry, since they can scratch the jewelry and speed up tarnishing.
- Sterling silver corrosion occurs when this metal gets into contact with chemicals you use in your household. Therefore, you should keep jewelry away from toiletries and house products.
- Store your piece of jewelry in a dust bag or jewelry box when not wearing it. Always keep gold-plated jewelry and silver-plated ones separately.
Clean it regularly with a soft cloth to remove body oils and sweat accumulated on the jewelry surface throughout the day.
HOW TO CLEAN JEWELRY?
This method of cleaning gold is great because it will not harm any of the gemstones or metals that the jewelry might contain. Just be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a soft cloth, so you don’t cause any accidental abrasions to the surface.
What you’ll need:
- Warm water 💧
- Soft toothbrush or jewelry cleaning brush 🧽
- non-chemical soap 🧼
Step1: Fill a bowl with clean warm water and add some non-chemical soap water, stirring until the mixture creates bubbles.
Step2: Put the jewelry in the mixture and move it around slightly using your finger. This should help shift some of the tough residues that build up on jewelry through daily wear.
Step3: Leave the jewelry in the mixture to soak for 5-10 minutes to loosen up more stubborn stains.
Step4: Take your jewelry out of the mixture, and gently wipe the surface with a jeweled cloth or a soft non-abrasive cloth. Then store your jewelry securely in an airtight bag or jewelry box.
This is also a great way to clean gold-plated jewelry because it will maintain the iconic luster on its outer surface.
WHERE I CAN BUY QUALITY JEWELRY?
One of the best ways to keep your jewelry looking clean and brand new is to make sure that you are buying a quality piece from the start.
Before you buy jewelry, believe in your jewelers is the most important thing before doing a purchase. Read up on user reviews and gauge the reputation of a brand before buying. 💯💯💯